Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'm still booing.

There's only one thing I hate more than last night's episode of Gilmore Girls.

You're probably thinking it's Saw II. I sure did hate that. Well at least right now I did. Before I thought Saw II was II Sawesome! I've been oscilating between love and hate ever since we saw that at the Mash-Em-Up last weekend. As much as I hated that when I do in fact hate it, I don't hate it as much as Gilmore Girls last night.

The whole episode just seemed so erratic.

Luke Danes has devoted his entire life to making Lorelai happy. He has changed who he is and what he likes based on being with Lorelai and making her happy. I found it very unbelievable that he was so upset by Christopher's phone call. I did, however, let this one slide, because I coudl see how he could become over-protective very easily.

The whole Luke's a father subplot also really bugged me, and was more difficult to condone. All it provided was another quirky character and more unneeded drama. We deserve to see some happy Stars Hollowians after the drought of happiness. I don't see this being a big problem unless, as suggested, Luke goes against his "no secrets" policy and doesn't tell Lorelai. Then it would be a BIG problem. A bigger problem than waking up in a Jigsaw-manufactured bear trap. (Ok, that's a lie. There are no problems bigger than that.)

Rory's job hunt also seemed really goofy to me. While it did show Rory's return to her determined and self-motivated self, it seemed a little too out there. It reaked of awkwardness. Even Mootzger was uncomfortable during this part.

The one thing I did like in this episode was Emily's reaction to Rory (and Lorelai) leaving. Too bad no one cares about Emily. I suppose I also liked the reunion, but it seemed so sudden and was trumped by my already-present disdain for the rest of the episode.

So like I said, I hated it. Despite how much I hated it, there's still one thing I hate more:

Zombies.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Listen, Pal. I don't know if you're shooting for irony, or you just can't get your hatrez of zeds off your mind or what, but THIS GOES ON LIFE AFTER 208. END OF STORY. PERIOD.

Sincerely,
The Blorginization Police

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger P. Arty said...

You couldn't be more wrong.

This post was about how much I hated zombies. I can't believe you missed that point. I even boldfaced it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home