Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sloooooooooooow

Grrr. This server speed is really irritating. I did a little "experiment" today.

In twenty moves, it took on average 23 seconds per move. I admit the sample size is small, but I think it will be ok for this "experiment." Now, this 23 seconds per turn is shocking to me. Check this out:

23 s/turn * 50 turns/player = 1150 s/player = 19 + 1/6 min/player

For those of you like Marcus and myself, you have seven characters that you use. This comes out to over 134 minutes, ignoring the time it takes to log in and out, buy skills, check the map, and, of course, update the zombie spreadsheet.

It looks like I'm gonna have to drop some guys unless/until things speed up. Not even I have over two hours a day to play Urban Dead*.

*This is a pathetic lie.

5 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I agree, the server has been horrible lately.

Seems like perhaps it's moving at the pace of a recently deceased zombie yet to obtain the shuttering gait*

*I can't remember what it's actually called.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger DoktorPeace said...

I'm tempted not to play anymore if the servers aren't fixed.

Unfortunately, you can't stop playing when it's not really a game. It's life. Versus the dead.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger P. Arty said...

Yeah, I hearya. I've retired some of my dudes until it gets better.

I played last night around 12:30 and it was fine, though. If you're not a real person yet, like me, that's a good alternative.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Dave said...

It seems a lot better this morning - Saturday around noon, and it's running pretty well

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is sadder than being a game geek?
Being a math geek.
You must be so sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home