Thursday, November 03, 2005

What a Waste of a Day

I awoke in my kick-ass safe house (complete with Goose Fraba), only to find someone had heavily barricaded it, so I couldn't get back in. (I could get back in if I had free running, right?)

I went outside, and expended a clip-and-a-half of pistol ammo, two shotgun shells, and like twenty baseball bat swings at a lone zombie and didn't kill the f'er. (He was at 50 HP when I started, but still!) I barely found my way to a local fire station to collapse in. I'm completely out of ammo, and only have my near-useless bat to defend myself.

I'm going to search here until I find an axe - the ammo hunting game is not paying off for me thus far, and I'll need it as a backup at least. I need a better way of building XP too - DNA sampling may not be so useless afterall.

Someone tell me how you level up - do you level up every time you buy a skill? Or every time you hit a certian XP level?

El Matador Out

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger P. Arty said...

DNA Sampling is basically the best thing that's ever happened to me. I recommend everyone start as a Lab Assistant. I leveled up after ONE DAY.

Once you level up buy some pistol or (preferably) axe skills. With an axe you waste no time looking for ammo. You just chop the shit out of zombies all day long. Zap their DNA, and then hack away at the weak.

You can only get into heavily+ barricaded buildings by using free running, and you have to be come from an adjacent building. That is, you can't enter from the streets.

Also, an axe is nearly worthless without melee skills. I think you get an expected .3 XP per move without skills. That jumps up to .75 with skills. With a pistol and gun skills I think it's 1.5, but you spend a lot of time looking for ammo, and even moving to buildings that have ammo.

In short, DNA Extraction rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home