Monday, December 05, 2005

Zombie Pause

So Urban Dead continues to be insanely slow. I only have four guys, and it's all I can do to get through them all in day. It takes about an hour, and I tend to lose interest far before I finish even one of them at this point.

The other big prolem I'm running into now is that my highest level guys are around 10, and have all the fighting skills they need, shopping, bargin hunting, barricading, freerunning, body building, etc, etc. There's nothing else to do for the moment! I could get all the fighters scientist skills, and all the scientists more fighter skills, but it's just dull - anything one of the groups is lacking I've already played with via the second pair. Plus scientist skills (except for healing) have become all but useless.

I could see continuing the good fight if there was some organized resistance to be a part of, but at the moment my guys run around as individuals, and operate from complete safety anywhere withing walking distance of Bale Mall. If the server were up and running perhaps I could journey to a fort, and try to take up residence there just for a change of scenery. But the thought of a cross-city journey with the response times we see these days... Not pretty.

For these reasons, I have decided to use Bale Mall as my hybernation den. Torrential Pain was the last one to arrive, pulling into town today. (It took me about a half hour to get him there.) My four brave warriors and scientists will await the day that news comes to the city of faster servers, or some new skill or event which draws our attention and we awake from our slumber. Until then perhaps one man or another will awake from time to time to have a look around and search the nearest shop. I will try to stay abreast of the issues revolving around Malton through this blog - keep me updated if anyhting happens which I should be a part of. Be sure that my hatred of zombies will only grow during my slumber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home